Wednesday 17 June 2015

Legs, Chardonnay and dark sheep in the city

I have been giving a great deal of thought to legs lately.  Funny how these things just pop into your mind ..... well not legs popping into my mind, but you know what I mean.  I know where the thought has come from, but the theme has continued.  Today is Saturday 13 June and today I met Kim and her husband Colin who were in London for the day and took time out of their schedule to meet up with me for a coffee.  How lovely was that.  I mean, I don't expect everyone who is coming to London to meet up with me; but the fact that she did was really good.  So we had a good old chat and they went off with her sister and partner for the rest of the day.  I took myself up to Oxford Street. Not a good move.

My mood has been grey like the weather.  I know why, it started yesterday and it will pass .....  I will figure it out.  So a recipe for disaster - grey mood, visa card, Sam Smith (love him, we still have a thing going on you know and in a typical bloke fashion he does not realise it and if he did, yes I know, I know, he is gay and wouldn't be interested anyway - same old same old) and Oxford Street equals a very messing conclusion.  It is strange isn't it how women, when they are feeling hard done by either eat chocolate or go shopping.  No chocolate I am proud to say but I did shop.  

First stop, perfume.  So by default you know that is going to be expensive.  I was going to go to my favourite shop Jo Malone but talked myself out of it because it is so expensive; but I do love it.  But hey, I am a woman - two bottles, yes two bottles later ............ I always have a bottle of Estee Lauder White Linen, always.  It doesn't matter if I have no money at all, I would go without food to have a bottle.  My Dad love him, always gave me a bottle every year when they went on holiday.  And as next Sunday is Fathers Day I thought it only fitting that I replenished the bottle I have almost used up.  I guess it has been my signature perfume since 1979 ....... gosh how old????? Then I treated myself to a bottle of Chloe. Yes I know, not cheap.  Did I have the smaller bottle?  Of course not.  But I did get a 15% discount lol.  So I may not be able to buy food but I will at least smell delightful.

Next stop Debenhams .............two pairs of trousers, four tops ....... I know, I know. So back to legs.  I am 5' 4" short.  Why, oh why do shops make all trousers to fit someone who is 5' 8"?  Every pair were dragging along the floor like a wedding train.  Ridiculous. I looked like Linus out of Snoopy, dragging yards of material behind me!  Eventually, found some that are still too long but not too bad.  Gggrrrrrrr it makes me so mad.  Legs again! Then I went to  Marks and Spencer to spend my Christmas voucher from my Aunt (yes I know it is June but I have been busy since December).  So some new knickers.  How many pairs of knickers do I have?  Three more pairs now!  New sports bra ..... yawn all rock and roll.  And it could have continued, but I went home.  I had a word with myself (like I always do) and went home.  See I can do good girl when I want too .............. well at least I thought!

So when I got home, and by this time I was rather exhausted, I sat reading and listening to music.  Then I decided to do some academic research.  Oh how I miss this.  I know, I am sad but I do miss my studying.  I found a very interesting paper to read and settled down with a glass of rather lovely New Zealand Chardonnay ..... see Jackie thinking of you!  Anyway, the whole evening went rapidly down hill from there on.  Andy come home, I drunk more wine, and more wine then ordered a pizza.  That is a good/bad thing about living in London, you can order take out food and it is here within 20 minutes.  So we ate pizza, I drunk more wine, actually knocked my glass over! I mean, me wasting wine lol.  Then we started to watch Sex and the City box set.  Two reasons why we did this ... Firstly, I have never seen it and Andy thought it would be a good insight for me.  Secondly, Emma one of my friends from Stoke, imagines this is how I am living my life.

OMG! You know it is bad when you see on the TV what could be a documentary of your past 10 weeks being played out for all to see.  So funny and we ended up watching five episodes before Andy, love him, was almost dozing off.  So note to self:  when you have polished off too much wine do not take your phone, ipad and laptop to bed with you.  I will not go into too much detail and many of you know what I am like, and let's face it, quite a few of you have seen me when I have had a couple of drinks too.  I ended sending off a rather long email.  I sleep at night with a mask over my eyes that I got from my last flight to Thailand. The curtains let in too much light and I was waking up far too early.  This morning, I woke up looking like Gabrielle who had been pulled through a hedge backwards.  My eye mask was over one eye and the elasticated band was all knotted in my hair.  The duvet and half the pillows were scattered on the floor!

Then I remembered sending an email ..................... then I checked.  I didn't want too.  It is like everything was in slow motion; you know you have to look but you really do not want too!  But it was not just an email but a text message and a message on a social site :(  I hadn't a clue what I had put in said mail.  It was like a bloody nightmare.  I started to read the mail.  Well I thought I was funny and it was funny if you know me.  in fact when I read parts of it out to Andy we were crying with laughter.  There were priceless lines such as:

You are a dark sheep ............ not a black sheep or a dark horse

I do like your name (I said this three times lol) and finally ended up saying oh your Mum and Dad did well there (as in naming them their name)

And there was mention of the length of my legs which I know I have got sub-consciously from this blog

You know what I'm like guys! Can't you just hear me saying this.  Unfortunately, the person I sent it to doesn't really know what a delightful little ray of sunshine I am lol.



Oh my goodness there was so much Karenisms in this mail.  Well there is nothing I can do about it now; it has gone.  And I know if I were to send it to many of you, as you know me and know what I am like, would just smile, laugh and think stupid cow.  But I mean, how old am I? 29 obviously ............ but it was a rather funny, to the point, amusing mail.  But I don't think I should have sent it!

So it is Sunday now.  No gym.  I feel eight months pregnant and I know it is the pizza so that is not good.  I have redeemed myself this morning by taking the labels off all my new clothes and ironing them as well as the rest of my ironing; which is very little these days. 

I did feel a a bit rough if I am to be honest but at least it has cheered me up and I am back to my 'normal' self but suspect I have 'lost' a friend over the said email.  So I have finally got showered and dressed but now feel like going back to bed.  It is a dull, drizzly day in London but I hope the sun is shining on you wherever you all are my friends.

As always, with my love x














3 comments:

  1. Fabulous read :) just love reading g your events and thoughts. You certainly pack lots in !
    when do you start work Karen?
    Will have to take a trip down there to the big smoke to see you huh? Be good n keep smiling Xx
    Carol 😙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous read :) just love reading g your events and thoughts. You certainly pack lots in !
    when do you start work Karen?
    Will have to take a trip down there to the big smoke to see you huh? Be good n keep smiling Xx
    Carol 😙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol and thank you for your kind words. I guess the purpose of me writing this is that one day, someone may want to read it and fill in the gaps. I think it is amazing how people are enjoying reading the rantings and mayhem of my life; but hey. Yes, any time you are in London let me know and we can meet up for a glass of Chardonnay ...... Mind you I may switch to Pinot Grigio now :) As always, much love x

      Delete