Sunday 20 December 2015

I could have been someone. Well so could anyone, you took my dreams from me when I first found you (Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl)

This song reminds me of the end of my first marriage.  Yes I have had two husbands and as Andy told me - 'Get over it for goodness sakes.  Elizabeth Taylor was married eight times and she was an icon'. I have no intention of ever getting married again, thank you. I just need to be adored next time. I did not want to get married last time!  In the end, I caved in and said I would marry him the next leap year day that fell on a Saturday.  It was the following year; 1992.  Since then I always remind myself, do you research first.  I think it is the lines 'you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot, Happy Christmas your arse, I pray God it's our last' that kind of ring home.  Anyway, as usual, here it is.  You know you want to sing along again. 



Saturday:  Lazy start to the day, because I can.  Woke up, made a cup of tea and went back to bed to watch Holby City.  It is all rock and roll in my life. Household chores done and let's face it compared to how that used to be it takes hardly any time at all.  I remember in a past life I used to say 'I am going to do my ironing' but it was not MY ironing it was mine plus others.  Now MY ironing is once a fortnight!  My how things change.  That aside, what I would give to some someone's ironing again.

So chores around the flat done and Andy and I went off to do some food shopping. On the way there I was watching the planes come into Heathrow; one every 30 seconds.  Then I saw in the distance, an A380 Airbus.  They take my breath away those planes.  They are huge when you see them in the sky.  I just stood on the pavement, head up to the clouds in awe and wonder.  It was a Qantas plane and when I arrived back from my trip to Australia, I travelled home in an A380.  Those plans are so, so big.  I stood there watching it and all the wonderment and excitement of that trip come back to me.  I will travel in one of those again one day; hopefully First Class.  Well a girl can dream!

To say the supermarket was busy would be an understatement in fact, it all started to kick off at the tills.  I mean really, for goodness sakes, it is Christmas, get over it.  We walked back with five bags of shopping between us.  Andy is like a little terrier, whilst I am like a tortoise.  But we survived and got the shopping up all the stairs into our little flat.  So it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  We sat and chilled out all afternoon. I wrapped a few presents and we bought a bottle of Bailey's so I intend having a glass or three of that later.  

Sunday:  Why is it, on a Sunday, you are wide awake before the alarm.  Still, shower, hairwash etc later I am on my bus up to Hoxton. London is feeling quieter day by day.  But not at my mediation group.  It was so good to see so many people there today.  I had bought the lovely staff who cook our brunch for us each week and who always have a smile, a tin of sweets for Christmas to say thank you.  They were so pleased with it. I had also bought for Andre, the guy who runs the group but who doesn't see himself as running it, a Paul Young chocolate pudding chocolate.  He loved it.  It was so lovely to see him enjoy the chocolate.  I so love this group and the people in it.  One of the guys who attends has leant me some DVDs to watch over Christmas and I shared some with him.  There is so much positive energy in that group.  I just love it.

I had to leave early to make my way to Borough Market as I was meeting Ian there.  I know Ian from the Meet Up group in Stoke and we meet up if or when we can when he is passing through London.  He was at a concert at the O2 last night and hence in town.  We had a look around Borough Market, which is not normally open on a Sunday and then went for some lunch.  We went to Fish! This restaurant is what it's name is; a fish restaurant.  I have had a meal there before and this is the reason why I will always eat seafood. Today, I had a huge dish mussels - my favourite.  Some bread and good dry, white wine to go with it and I was in heaven.  Ian had traditional fish and chips.  We caught up on all our news and we munched our way through the delicious food.  We then went to a local pub and had a couple more drinks, just chatting away. It was such a lovely afternoon and it was great to see Ian again.  However, soon it was time for Ian to make his way up to Euston to get a train back to Crewe and I made my way, via Guy's hospital, home.  I feel truly, truly blessed today.  I have made some wonderful new friends since coming to London; yet I still have people who want to meet up with me when they are in town.  I am very lucky.

Back to the flat and chill out (sober up) time.  Once again, I have had a wonderful weekend full of laughter, brilliant friends, positive energy, good food and drink.  Normally, this time of the year I am feeling so low; yet this year it is different.  This year I feel truly blessed. All is well.

                                   As always, with my love x






No comments:

Post a Comment