Sunday 29 November 2015

So you want to be free. To live your life, the way you want to be! (Killer - Seal)


Oh this song makes me smile and takes me back to the time when I was really 29!  Carefree single days; very much like now.  My friends from Kent .... The Girlie Glees used to spend the lazy, sunny Bank Holidays, plus any other long weekend we could cram in, driving down to Newquay to spread glee and happiness.  Well to be honest, it was one long boozy, dancing, snogging, laughing weekend.  We got up to all sorts of shenanigans - and they are only the ones we can remember.  I could tell you tales that would make your hair (for those of you who still have some) curl.  But just to give you a snapshot.  We thought once that we had killed a US Marine. We terrorised a real British Marine, so much so he just disappeared.  And I lost a complete afternoon of my life and woke up to be sick thinking my brains were falling out of my nose, when really it was a strip of green pepper from the pizza I had consumed, which I was now honking up in the sink!  Happy days!  Seal you gave us so much joy and I guess still do. 

Saturday:  Lazy start to the day.  Then Andy and I were off to suburbia.  I do not do suburbia at all well these days and this was only Zone 3.  London is divided up into Zones:  Zone one is Central London.  We live in Zone one.  Then the other Zones ripple out to about Zone 9.  I get withdrawal symptoms when I get to Zone 3.  We were early so went to grab a coffee in a delightful cafe, where one tea and one black coffee cost £2! I would not even get an Americano in London for that.  We were like the girls in Sex and The City when they went to Brooklyn.  I felt like a duck out of water.  There were no sirens, not so much traffic, there was grass by the side of the road.  Our host spoke with high regard of the fact that she had not one, but three large supermarkets in her immediate facility.  We can see a Tesco Express from our lounge window.  It felt strange.

Interesting appointment in suburbia then the day took a strange turn.  We were going to a Panto, I hate Pantos.  This one was called Tinderella ......... I liked the sound of it.  However, we got a call late afternoon saying that the person who had ordered the tickets had cocked up spectacularly and the tickets were for the matinee performance!  So no Panto.  Whilst I was disappointed, especially as I had treated myself to a new black number, I was a bit emotionally exhausted from our previous appointment in suburbia.  We decided to go to the library to see if we could get a copy of Se7en on DVD.  Strange thing happened in my local library.  This is the major disadvantage of living hear to where you work.  I saw a work 'colleague' working in my little library.  Note to self: do something about this.

Back to the flat with no DVD and we decided to order a take-out - Chinese and very tasty it was to.  Spent the evening watching Googlebox.  They are advertising for new couples to appear on this and we are thinking of applying. The a few episodes of the West Wing and bed.

I had an awful nights sleep.  I was awake from 3:00 ish.  I ended up watching TV until 6:00 when in total desperation I took two anti histamine tablets which knocked me out totally until 10:00. Not good.

Sunday: I kind of awoke from my coma induced sleep and decided I needed to get a grip.  Quick shower and I was off on the tube to the Saatchi Gallery in Sloane Square.  Sloan Square is a very expensive part of town.  The Gallery is
housed in the old Duke of Yorks HQ.  A stunning building holding some of the most beautiful pieces of contemporary art I have seen.  I really enjoyed this gallery.  The building itself is a Grade II listed building, built in 1801 and was originally a school for the children of solder's widows.  

The Gallery is very light and airy and they do not put rope or alarms around any of the pieces, so you can get up really close to look at the work.  I could have taken so many pictures of the artwork.  However, I have included a few here in the blog for you to share.  I went there to see a particular exhibition of Jamie Hewlett.  Jamie Hewlett is an English comic book artist and designer and the co-creator of the virtual band Gorillaz, along with Damien Albarn of Blur. Gorillaz released my favourite song of theirs Clint Eastwood in March 2001.  Damien Albarn wrote the song; Jamie Hewlett created the characters.



See the little Gorillaz
Jamie Hewlett's exhibition was his interpretation of Tarot Cards.  They were stunning; totally stunning.  If I had some spare cash (yes I wish) kicking around I would have one tomorrow.  The problem would be, I would not know which 
one to choose.  You can see, if you look carefully, the similarities in the prints and the video that I have posted.  In the card The Fool, he has actually drawn a Gorilla.  Also in the print The Wheel of Fortune he has used similar characters.  Oh to have an ounce of this guy's talent.  The exhibition is only on until 2 December, hence me going along today.  But it was really worth the trip.  

Also at the Saatchi Gallery they were exhibiting some photo journal photography which was absolutely breathtaking.  I did try to take some photos but they did not come out so well because of the glare from the camera.  But I have included at the end of the text the photos I took today; not with Beatrice but just my phone.

Totally full with art and culture I left the Gallery and made my way along the Kings Road.  London is beginning to feel a bit like Christmas and the advantage of going shopping in this part of town was you have the most gorgeous shops
Made from glass
and it is not so crowded.  I went and got my Auntie's present; which was beautifully gift wrapped whilst I was given a complimentary glass of Rose wine.  Now that would definitely not happen up Hanley duck!  Said Christmas present in lovely bag I toodled off to Peter Jones, which is a John Lewis and had a look round there.  Then I waked over to Knightsbridge and had a coffee opposite Harrod's (as one does darlings) then decided to get the tube back home.  It is a shame I do not have more Christmas shopping to do as I really enjoyed my little soiree today, especially the free wine bit.  Living in London really is an amazing thing to experiencing.  But only in Zone One or Two.  
Back to the flat and chilling out writing this and listening to some music. Rustled something non-exciting up for dinner and then decided to soak my sorry, sad, carcass in the bath for an hour, in the hope that it helps me feel a bit relaxed.  There are a couple of words that have come out of this weekend. I will not go into details from where they have come from.  But they are the words of Injustice and An Equal. From someone who has always tried to speak up for the injustice of others, I have in the past few years been served the greatest injustice of all.  This has been noted and acknowledged by others.  As for An Equal, I guess that is all I need.  An Equal to adore me.  As simple as that!

As always, with my love x 


You can see the similarities in the cartoon characters here and in the Gorrilaz video







The Borrower's Cotton Reel

Huge copper bauble 

This piece was made from drift wood - amazing 

Light shades made with women's underwear








No comments:

Post a Comment