Sunday 22 November 2015

There's always something there to remind me! (Something There To Remind Me - Sandie Shaw)

Look at the title to the blog!  I heard this on the radio the other morning.  The first song I heard; I wasn't even out of bed and the radio was doing its thing! I mean really? The Universe never fails to amaze me.  Psychic radio!  Had a slight melt down last night when Coca Cola stuck the knife in by showing the Holidays Are Coming advert.  Talk about kick a girl when she is down.  This used to be, in my past life, the pre-cursor to the start of the Christmas holidays.  I told Andy that I will be like this, on and off, between now and Christmas.  It is always the same.  He understands.  He get angry at the injustice of it all.  I guess he just does not like seeing his friend upset.  The grief just washes over me.  I wish it wouldn't, then in some kind of strange way, I am pleased that it does.  It shows
me that I can remember and that I do still care and the pain and the hurting makes it all real.  Well I know what I am trying to say! 

Saturday:  This morning I awoke to snow.  Snow in London.  OK it was not exactly a blizzard, but for those of you who do not know, I do not do snow!  My friends in the north had blizzards last night and I guess the fact that I said this was yet another reason why I am pleased I am no longer living there, may have had an impact on the snow moving south.  Karma my friends; karma.  Any ways like most things in life, it did not last long.  It come with such a promise and failed to deliver.  Leaving just a grey, cold soggy day.  I am writing this form my bed, where I am snug.  I will, eventually, drag my sorry carcass out of my warm little pit as I have things to do to day, places to go and hopefully, people to meet. 
Taken at Guy's

I forgot to mention my dream.  I had a lovely dream last night. I was 'hanging out' (remember that?) with Noel Gallagher and we were getting on like a house on fire. We were laughing and joking and holding hand and hugging. We went to the O2 to see Example in concert.  What is that about!?!?! I do not have any Example music on my iPod.  I woke at one point and snuggled down and I was back with Noel and his guitar lol we were having a blast. Perhaps that is what I need to be looking for, a Noel Gallagher lol.

Sandie Shaw haunted me all day: Bank of Zurich, 
Toblerones (everywhere!), Lindt chocolate and even swiss chard .... I mean sigh!  Then we had buses to Bow Church, Victoria Park, Victoria Park Road, skateboards (sigh), Hackney, the bus to Walthamstow, Borough Market and vegan food, iPod doing it's thing. That song was really an omen for the rest of the day.  But I had a great day.  Firstly, off to my new super dentist to see the hygienist.  I did moan about having to pay for this separate but boy did she do a good job.  She worked on my teeth for 30 minutes, drilling, poking, scrubbing
and scraping.  They ache like hell now; but what a job and well worth paying for.  I then called into the chapel at Guy's as it was so near, and had a few minutes with my dear old Dad.  Lighted a couple of candles and then went to grab a coffee.  It was like the whole world had descended on London today and not one of them knew where they were going or what they were there for! Met up with my friend Sarah. She is off on her travels again on 1 December so we have to make the most of the time.  We caught the bus that was going to Walthamstow (of course we did).  We got off at Hackney (of course we did) and
Jellied Eel Shop
went to Broadway Market.  I really liked it there. It had a good feel about it and there was an authentic eel and liquor shop there.  How cool is that. Well it is quite disgusting but you know what I am saying.  I was looking for my one Christmas present; needless to say, I never go it.  But Sarah and I had a laugh and the food and alcohol, albeit not much alcohol, took the edge off the coldness. 


Back on the bus and guess where we ended up?  Yes, Shoreditch.  I always gravitate back to the East; Bow, Mile End, Victoria Park, Hackney, Hoxton and Shoreditch.  We had a great time walking around Spitalfields (again) and got some excellent food.  I had a wrap with cous cous and it was lovely.  So no dinner for me this evening. We ended up in a hipster type bar (of course we did) and had a drink.  It has been so cold today in London.  The wind has been bitter but it has been a good day.  Back home, heating on, and curled up on the sofa, music on, candles on and chill time.

Sunday:  It is funny how my Sundays are now.  I get up at what some would consider is an early start, shower, little make up and get the bus up to Hoxton
to the Trews Ere Cafe to meet my friends and to meditate, chat, eat and drink tea.  It eases me into my Sunday.  It was so cold this morning. A beautiful blue sky but so cold. So it was purple hat, coat, boots and gloves.  Just as the bus got to London Bridge there was a road rage incident with a bloke in a car driving like a, well you fill in the gaps.  At the lights he got out and started yelling abuse to the bus driver.  I thought to myself, have I got to intervene here.  I didn't have to.  I love the journey through the City of London every Sunday. This part of London from Monday to Friday is normally so busy yet on a Sunday it is like a ghost town.  So peaceful.

I got off the bus and I walked along the Regent's Canal, with the joggers going round and round.  Such beautiful start to the day.  The cafe was warm and welcoming, as always.  But outside there was a film crew making the film A Street Called Ben.  So many vans full of technical equipment and wires and stuff.  Normally, it is so quiet but not this morning.

Had a lovely morning chatting to the people who attend the group.  They really are a lovely crowd and I do feel part of the group now and this is why I have come to London Two women who attend were telling me of a wonderful shop in Soho and Islington run by a guy called Paul Young; not the one who laid his hat and that was home.  He is a chocolatier and makes the most amazing chocolates and chocolate brownies. The girls were saying that these chocolates are the best.  So I will, for Christmas, treat myself to some.  So watch this space.

After meditation I walked into the shop next door to buy a pretzel and it was the film set lol.  I hears a voice say Miss, Miss you cannot go in there.  It looked like the shop to me!  So funny.  All the people in the shop were actors and I had walked onto a film set.  But hey, that is me.  Walked through the park and
The film set - yes it looks just like it normally does!
waited for the bus home.  I wanted to go out to an exhibition today; yet I really could not be bothered.  I know, sad but true. Back to the flat and I have chilled and watched American Horror Story all afternoon.  Same old, same old. I am losing my patience with the main characters.  I mean why would you stay in a house like that.  I had to sell my last house and I had to stay there. I was desperate to sell it.  That was like a Staffordshire Horror Story but that was tame compared to the stuff happening in this TV series. Saying that, there were plenty of times when I could have quite easily buried a body under the gazebo ............. but moving on. 


Andy was a little star and cooked macaroni cheese, with broccoli and parsnips and it was absolutely delicious.  I was so hungry and had seconds.  I love it when he cooks for us and he makes a wicked mac and cheese.  Belly full and heating on equals a very lazy and relaxed Sunday.  I looked at the calendar yesterday and I cannot believe how many weekends are left until Christmas. Next weekend for me is so busy and the one after will be in December and that means I can start decorating the flat.  I was trying to explain to Andy about the Elf of the Shelf but he didn't seem that bothered.  He will be when I have sprinkled my sparkle and turned our lovely flat into Santa's Grotto. 

So a lovely weekend has been and almost gone.  But all is well.


As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment