Sunday 27 September 2015

You're an accident waiting to happen. You're a piece of glass left there on the beach (Who's Gonna Ride Your White Horses - U2)

My name is Karen and I am an alcoholic.  Well it could get that way before long. Terrible nights sleep after all the gin and finally woke to a beautiful, blue sky day. Hello weekend I am ready for you.

Saturday: Chores this morning. Boring but true.  Then as it was a beautiful day I thought I would go out to the skate park .......... as you do aged 29!  I will give Bart that, he introduced me to an new culture and I really like it. So today I
caught the bus to Stockwell.  Stockwell Skate Park has been there for ages.  My brother used to go and skate there in the mid-eighties.  It is right on the road and it was fantastic.  It had a completely different feel; so urban and also there were many older skaters there.  I thought to myself: beards, boards, bikes oh my! Beards, boards, bikes oh my!  I started chatting to a couple of the skaters and they were really nice and told me other places to check out.  It reminded me of the ballet.  They just smoothly rolled a long, so graceful and seamless - well until they fell off then it was quite scary at times.  

I took so many photos and actually thought to myself another day, another skate park lol.  I mean how old am I? Yep 29.  It was great to be out in the fresh (well not really it is quite polluted) air just
relaxed having a chat and taking some photos.  All good.

I got the bus home to be greeted with the news that we were to have visitors this evening.  Last year Andy and I went to the most amazing ever, and I was sober because I was driving!  So to celebrate their first wedding anniversary Mat and Craig were in London.  They arrived at our flat and we make cocktails, and we made cocktails and we made cocktails then we opened Prosecco x 3 and we danced and sang and had a wonderful time.  I have some amusing photos on my phone boys.  At the wedding last year I 'acquired' two boas and a tiara which I still have so we were messing around with
them.  We had such a great evening. Plenty of laughter, alcohol, singing and tiaras ............. what more do you want for a Saturday night. 

Sunday:  Beautiful blue skied morning (again).  I, unlike some I could mention, did not have a hangover although it felt as if someone had died in my mouth. Usual routine, bus to Hoxton and my wonderful meditation group. Which I have to say gets better each week as I am now getting to know people.  I stayed for brunch and as I was walking back to my seat someone had to move out of my way so I said thank you and then looked and thought, I know you.  Yes I did.  It was Noel Fielding!  How cool is that.  Noel Fielding was at Trews Era Cafe having the same brunch as me which was avocado on toast with scrambled eggs.


Left the cafe, walked along the canal to catch the bus to, yes you have guessed it, the Southbank.  I met Pepe Pepe le Pew there.  The skate park was empty. This is the first time this has happened so we walked to Leake Street tunnel and once again (sorry Sarah) much of the artwork had changed.  So I took some pictures whilst trying to explain to Pepe Pepe what David Cameron has been up to with a pig! Some wonderful art work this week, so I hope you enjoy.

We decided that we would go to Tate Modern to see what we both thought of it. I have been twice and know what I think; Pepe Pepe has been once and he knew what he thought.  The conclusion: we both think it is shit.  But we did have a laugh walking around.  Anything French was fantastic - really! We both thought that some of it was hanging upside down.  There was some art work there that resembled a patten on a cape I have recently purchased.  So I was trying to explain to him what a cape is and he said 'Oh like Zorro' and I burst out laughing.  He remembered the English I
taught him in my drunken state Friday night so when I said something he replied 'No way Sherlock' which I thought was very amusing.  So he has now moved on to 'No shit Sherlock'. He also knows how to say sheet properly as it no longer sounds like shit as shit was used a great deal to describe the art.  We decided that when his nieces come to London at Christmas he needs to get them to do some drawing then we can sell it as it cannot be any worse than some of the work we saw today.

We did laugh, me a bit too loud at times.  OK there were a couple of pieces there that were OK, quite nice in some cases.  But, most of it was, well ..... you can guess the word!  We walked home and then stood talking for ages.  He really is doing well with his English, he does not think so, but he is.  I cannot imagine me doing so well if I ended up in France.  Sometimes I have French Tourettes, when I blurt out a random French word like chat is that cat? Lol.   But I guess it is good for him to have me to chat with and also we both now have a friend each ....... so that is good!

Back to the flat.  I have had a wonderful weekend, which feels like a weekend for once.  So back to school tomorrow.  I will soon fit into a new routine. But all is good my friends, all is good.

As always, with my love X













No comments:

Post a Comment