Saturday 3 October 2015

I'm a classy honey kissy huggy lovey dovey ghetto Princess - (Filty/Gorgeous - Scissor Sisters)

Wow.  The weekend was amazing, it completely topped off the week.  So here we are again my friends.  Another week. Take your seats and enjoy the ride ....... I think it is going to be a quieter week though.

Monday:  I cannot believe my commute to work.  I am on the bus for around 40 minutes. I always get a seat and I have the most amazing views.  Tonight, on the way home, I looked up and there was Big Ben telling me the time.  Who would have thought it.  Work was done and dusted and I got off the bus stop early and went and sat in the Peace Garden at the IWM, just because I could.  I have a GP appointment tonight and was in there ages, just chatting.  I was worried about changing GPs as I had such a lovely relationship with my old GP in Stoke, who really was a dear friend.  However, I had nothing to worry about as my GP is really good and nothing seems to be to much trouble. I was in there 25 minutes!

So here I am at 19:45 and dinner is in the oven and all is well.  I was suppose to be processing my bank statement and receipts tonight but let's face it, that is not going to get done now is it.  Also, I missed the lunar eclipse last night as me being me, had the best nights sleep I have had in weeks.  How typical is that? Especially as it was at 3:47 and I am normally awake at 3:33. Sigh.  Such is life!

Had a lovely catch up with my dear friend Jackie this evening.  We were doing our usual thing, giggling like teenagers, tears streaming down my face then totally out of the blue, fate delivers you another blow. Not just one but a double wammy this time.  Sure, thanks for that. I received a text message/email with a message asking to 'hang out' and quoting a song that is so dear and so significant to my life that it knocked me a bit sick if I am honest (this person would not have known about this song).  Why now? There comes a time, like in one of my favourite scenes I have quoted before from Love Actually when there really is enough. Going back is not an option, especially when all it
does is make you (well me in this case) feel fucked up and confused!  I know I am speaking in riddles and I don't know why I am if I am honest, I guess it is to protect the person who has just emailed me which is kind of mad really as they spared me no thought or gave me any consideration .... just lies. Then more lies. I would not recognise the truth now if they tried to tell me and I suspect what they have said in the email is not so.  I am worth more.  I need to remember this.  If I do not value myself; how can I ever expect others to value me.  I don't think there will be much sleep tonight my friends.

Tuesday:  Well I did sleep after I worked through the bolt from the blue message.  I have said before, people always come back and it is normally when you are least expecting it! Andy is so wise for his years. He summed it up by saying 'Stuff that don't exist in your life don't get responded to .... simple'. I did not respond to the the email ..... I am worth more. This person does not deserve me.


Finished work and got the bus and went straight to the gym. That was very strange.  But I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and bike and felt a lot better for it.  To be honest, it was good to work out and take my frustrations out on my heart as opposed to others taking it out on my heart!

Back to the flat and dinner cooked, washing on and time to breathe.  I am still finding my feet with working and living.  It is a whole new routine of fitting everything in and eating late. But I will figure it out.  My iPod was doing it's thing tonight. I mean how many songs do I have on it? But no, it knew what it was doing. Still I am pleased with myself for not being curious or wanting the last word.  Well done me.

Wednesday:  People who do not know London think it is a huge City. Sure it is, but it is a City made up of different villages.  For example. Our village, where we live is very African and very urban. It is busy and and going through a massive building project to gentrify and probably out price us individuals living here.  However, if you were to go over to Hoxton/Shoreditch that village has a completely different feel about it. Very hip, trendy and professional.  Yet it is lovely to visit but I do not think I would want to live there.  Where I am working has a suburbian feel to it, even thought it is very much in Central London.  This is what I love about London, each village has it's plus and minus points.  I like our area.  It is in Zone One which is a bonus.  It is in walking distance of the River and the transport links are brilliant.  Yes, I like my beautiful village.

Challenging day today. I had to do a great deal of soul searching (again I hear you cry) but I am working on a plan.  Met my friend Ravi at Canary Wharf for dinner. It was a nightmare.  She has not been to Canary Wharf and I have been once and there are so many entrances from the tube it took us ages to actually find each other.  But we had a lovely evening.  I met Ravi at a Meet Up I went to once.  You know me, collect people.  We have kept in touch and last night we met up again and intend to do so again.

I received some lovely gifts today, totally out of the blue.  A beautiful post card from Wellington, NZ from my friend Jackie.  It had the stars of the Southern Hemisphere on it - beautiful.  Then a card and three postcards from my friend Fiona in Stoke.  We worked together a few years ago.  One of the cards touched me so much and I did have a cry.  So much for trying not to cry so much.  All is well.

Thursday:  Beautiful blue sky morning again. I love rush hour in London.  Yes I know, most people hate it.  I walk along with the other people walking, running, jogging, riding their bikes, roller skating, skate boarding (I know, I know), on their scooters and other modes of transport.  The city is alive.  My bus has school children of all ages on there; some with their parents doing the school run others with the au pair whilst others at High School. I am getting very good at balancing on the bus with my work bag, lunch bag and gym kit, phone and iPod.  

As it was beautiful weather lunchtime I went for a walk to the little coffee bar I found my first day and treated myself to a coffee whilst sitting in the sunshine. I also found a lovely traditional greengrocer and bought my fruit and veg. The Nutribullet is a success.  Tonight I made Green.  It is either Green, Red or Brown.  I have Brown for breakfast. I take it to work and have it around ten.  It is Wheatabix, fruit, nuts and soya milk. Today I did not have my Red until four and I was still full. But tomorrow we have Green.  I say we, as Andy takes a smoothie for his lunch some days as well.  The Green tomorrow is very, very Green and tastes absolutely delicious.  I can't help thinking that they would taste better with a bit of gin in them but I do not think that is the right attitude.
I can but try.

Friday:  Finally, I can say thank goodness it is Friday.  It has been a strange old week.  It has had its ups and downs, soul searching again. The ghost from the past which is reassuring as I now tell myself that if these people keep coming back in my life then Megan will do the same one day and all is well. But a challenging week - but hey the girl survived.

Andy has a guest this weekend so we ordered in Thai food and I am going to Camden to get some music with Pepe Pepe.  I hope it not Sacha Distel or Edith Piaff or Johnny Holiday lol. So we rocked off to Camden and it was buzzing. We never got there until 21:45 which is like 19:30 in Stoke.  Could not find any live music and we think they had stopped it because of the rugby.  Found a pub and I did have to smile because the security on the door asked us both for ID! How cool is that. Obviously, me being 29 I look a great deal younger.  Pepe Pepe had his passport I thought, what have I got?  Went to find my driving licence and the guy said it is OK go in.  I did remind him that was young.

Pepe Pepe had his 'stout' aka Guinness I was on the gin.  The bar was OK, they
were playing music.  We then went to The World's End pub.  This is a well know pub that has been there for ages and attracts a wide range of people; including me.  It had a really good feel about it and they were playing some great music. We then realised it was 12.10am and it was Cinderella time ......... the last tube. We get to the tube and get on it and then the Police turn up with the dogs and start arresting someone.  That took ages. We eventually start moving then two guys opposite, who had had a drink, starting playing charades.  It was so funny. They were both drunk and didn't have a clue but were taking it so
seriously. Pepe Pepe and I joined in and so then did others on the tube. There were people passing round glasses of red wine, falling asleep, singing lol and I thought the night bus was an experience.  Only in London can you end up playing charades, laughing and having a good time with complete strangers.  And this is why I love it here.


As always, with my love x  




No comments:

Post a Comment