Sunday 6 December 2015

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life. Try to make ends meet, you're a slave to money then you die (Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve)

Saturday: Strange nights sleep, but that is the norm these days. I got up, made some tea and toast and went back to my bed to watch TV for an hour.  I have been busy this morning. Cleaning the flat from top to bottom before the big decorating day tomorrow.  I cannot believe I have had the windows wide open.  It is December! London is so warm, it is very strange.  But hey, we are saving on the bills.  

Today's drama is me noticing that my hair is falling out!  I am being serious.  I have always had a good head of hair, but it is falling out like the leaves falling off the tree.  It is a bit scary to be honest.  I have recently had some tablets changed by the GP and I am going to look to see what the side effects of those could be. I know as you get older, your hair thins and gets less; but this is ridiculous. It is a good job I like hats!

Showered and out the door and straight on a bus to ........ Peckham. Home of Delboy and Rodney.  I always smile when I go to or see signs for Peckham as it reminds me of the episode of Only Fools and Horses when they thought they had found the Peckham Spring and created Peckham Spring Bottled Water. Trust me, there is no spring in Peckham.  The first pub we went to was amazing. It was called the Brick Brewery and it was a little micro brewery under a railway arch.  We sat outside, with heaters drinking the beer they had brewed.  Well except me who had their own lager. But it was lovely and it was a semi-hipster, Shoreditchy part of Peckham.

We then went up the High Street to the next bar which was called Four Quarters.  Again they had craft beer, I had a cider.  But in this place there were all types of amusement arcade games such as Pacman, Space Invaders and Pinball machines.  It was a strange, but interesting place.  Boys, being boys, went off to play on the games.  We then left there and went to another pub called The Gowlett where I had gin!  I sat talking to a woman from Finland, a guy from Italy and another guy from Canada.  Around the world over a gin.  It was a great evening and I do enjoy that lovely Meet Up group.  Next time we are off to Brixton.  

Back down the High Street, I nipped into Asda to get some 'bits' and the Christmas Radio Times and on a bus home.  Quick update with Andy then off to bed.  It had been a good day.

Sunday:  Why is it on a morning when you have to be up and out you do not want to get up!  This morning was one of those mornings.  But I did get up, showered and on my lovely bus up to Hoxton.  I had a walk along the Regent's Canal and into the cafe where there was (and always is) such a lovely warm welcome from Andre, the host.  Pot of peppermint tea and time to meditate. I know I keep repeating myself, but I do like that group and missed it so much last week when I did not attend.  But it was great to be back today.

Left the group, went to the local Turkish shop next door and got some lovely veg and went back to the flat to prep dinner.  Then Andy and I decorated the flat for Christmas.  It looks lovely.  The Elf on the Shelf is watching us (God help her) and all my decorations are looking lovely. The flat is beginning to look a bit like Christmas.  Spent the rest of the afternoon doing random things (as you do).  Painting my toe nails (don't think too much about that), ordering some bits on Ebay, listening to Christmas music, sorting out my work phone (thank you Andy) so I can send and receive emails etc - how high tech am I! Mind you, I don't know what I would do if it rang, the damn thing.  Dinner is cooking and I am blogging.

The grand finale, and the confirmation that the holiday season has began was the watching of Love Actually.  Oh how I love this film. I have a couple of films I like to watch at Christmas which, over the past few years, have become my the pre-Christmas rituals.  Tonight it was this film.  I cried; I always cry.  But they are happy kind of tears and this year it felt different as the film is based in London and it made everything seem so real.  It has been a good weekend.



As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment