Friday 12 June 2015

Remember me!

The thought crossed my mind this morning that I really haven't given enough time to this Blogging malarkey so I whilst I have 30 minutes before I go out, I thought I would fingers to keyboard and rant on.

Well a great deal has happened during the past few weeks and I am not sure where to start.  I have a job.  Yay!  But I am waiting for the DBS to clear, sigh! Plus references.  But it will be good and let's face it, only me could end up living in one of the most expensive cities to live without an income!  Needless to say the savings are taking a bashing.  I am trying to stay positive, telling myself that it is like a holiday; but as more days pass and I am not working I am really getting the urge to book a flight and go somewhere.  Not quite sure where which leads me nicely only to my next rant.

I have decided to teach myself Italian.  Why Italian I hear you cry........... Well in the best tradition of my alter ego Bridget I am looking at it as an investment.  Genetically, Italians are tall and dark .. tick and tick.  So I thought I would invest some time in learning their language and as a friend reminded me, it is the language of love.  Well not in my case I am fluent at you are a man I am a woman this is an apple and that is about that.  So not much passion there is there.  

I have found a passion for the theatre since I arrived in town and have been to the local theatre (again) to see two wonderful performances as well as going to the Globe.  Or as someone said to me like in Shakespeare bless.... so much for private education.  Like Shakespeare like lol.  In fact that person did not want me to go like to see like Shakespeare like at the Globe like lol but invited me over to his place.  Girls, girls, girls, what is it with bad boys.  I tried to explain this to Andy but I don't think he got it.  But what is it with us women that we are always drawn to a bad boy like a moth to a flame!  Anyway, I was a good girl and went to the Globe to see like Shakespeare like and went straight home with no detour to Dulwich ............ I was rather tempted lol.  Shakespeare was great it was King John and I was a groundling.  Which basically meant I was so near the stage you could, if you wanted too and I didn't but one of them was quite hot, touch them ..... mind you I think if you did do this you would be removed.  Excellent evening.  

It's been a busy week if I am honest.  Saturday I was at Southwark Cathedral listening to some mesmerising classical music from the likes of like you know like ...... lol no I will stop now as that guy's head would spin at the thought of classical music.  He taught me how to mix some drum and bass, me.  I was like Fat Girl Slim lol drinking (far too much) gin and mixing drum and bass in a flat in Dulwich.  So, so funny.  Anyway, back to Southwark on Saturday ...... they played, amongst other things which I can't remember, some Vivaldi and Elgar.  Really beautiful.  I had to stop myself from giggling though as the Cathedral cat kept walking around.

Sunday I was up out with Andy to the gym.  Right gym update then we are all up to speed.  So I have joined a gym ... yes I know, don't think too much about it.  I have had to get over so many phobias about it.  Namely: going, men there, showers there, equipment there and the whole sweaty but it is good for you conundrum.  

I have had a session with a Spanish personal trainer lol.  So funny.  He was telling me that his heart and liver is on the opposite site as 'normal' people.  How cool is that.  I told him that I don't do PE and as I was always a fat kid, I never could and never have, got up the rope.  I don't think he had a clue what I was on about.  Well he made me sweat and let's face it not in the way that I would have preferred he had lol!  But  am going to the gym four times a week, weekends with Andy, and quite enjoying it now.  This gym does not play Signal Radio with the top ten at ten but has TFL (Transport for London) updates - how cool is that.  It is at Waterloo so about 15 minutes walk there and back which is a nice warm up.  So all good.  But no weight lost!!!!!!!!!!!

Which leads on to the next update. Blood pressure.  Gorgeous Jose or whatever his name was at the gym took blood pressure and it was normal!!!  GP has taken it twice and it is brilliant.  No eczema either.  So I am now only one one tablet for my BP they are going to monitor it and see how I go but I was so pleased about it.  I always said that living in Stoke was no good to my health - both physical and emotional.  But hey, that was then this is now.

So Sunday was the gym then Andy and I were going out for lunch but couldn't be bothered so we had lunch at the flat then he had a friend coming over so I went out.  I was intending to read my book by the South Bank ...... but I too got a better offer.  Slight detour at Waterloo and I went to Green Park.  It was so busy there; I couldn't believe it.  Anyway, surprise, surprise no it was not Cilla but the 'date' actually turned up!  My contingency plan was to just sit in the sunshine and read my book if he didn't.  But he did and I had a lovely afternoon in St James' Park - which really is my favourite park - with good conversation and  some really interesting company.  I guess it gives me hope that not all men are time wasters, fakes, idiots, alcoholics, workaholics, married, misogynistic fuck wits  ..................... oh Bridget I miss you lol.  If only I could get a job with Wake Up Britain lol.

So talking of Bridget I stopped off at Borough Market for a coffee then a sneaky glass of dry white, which wasn't fantastic if I am honest.  You really can't beat a glass of a decent dry white wine and this unfortunately was not!  But I drunk it anyway and sat in the sunshine texting the guy from the park as he was going back home and was at Heathrow.  Why can't I have a job that requires me to get on a plane now and then ....... sigh! (He doesn't live in London, of course he doesn't this is me remember what did you expect lol).  But that suits me as many of you know but I have no idea if I am going to see him again.  I think I will and I hope I do (gosh that is a bit honest for me :) ) but hey you know me, go with the flow. Which let's face it in my case the flow is normally down stream over a dam and down a storm drain!

So all in all it has been an interesting week.  The sun is out and so are the boys and that makes me smile.  I have gone from absolutely nothing happening to full on go, go, go.  I really do think that work is going to get in the way of having a great time; on the other hand I sometimes think I have too much time on my hands.  





So I promise I will try to provide you with further updates at a regular intervals.  
I am still walking around like a crazed woman with a huge smile on my face when I look around and realise that I am living in London, me lol.  This is my new playground and I absolutely love it.  I have met so many interesting people from so many places and that makes me so happy because as many of you know I love meeting people.  I have been to the Tate Gallery to see my beautiful paintings and to the theatre and cinema and these things make me so happy.  Still haven't found my tribe yet, but I am working on it.

So until next time my friends, enjoy the sunshine, be happy and please keep in touch.

As always, much love x
  

No comments:

Post a Comment