Monday 22 June 2015

Single and Fabulous Darling ......... Cocktails and Legs (again)!

Saturday:  I seriously think my life is turning into Bridget Jones and Sex and the City.  I have gone from a big fat zero of male attention in Wetley Rocks a place where I worried about my size and that no one would be interested. To fighting them off!  All that worry about can't eat this, can't do that.  It started this morning as I was walking to the gym (yes you did read that right).  So there I am in my gym kit, iPod in, sunglasses on minding my own business when as I walk past the building site, four, yes four builders were waving and attracting my attention to say good morning to me!  Really!  So I gave them a wave and a smile and scooted off sniggering to myself.

Get to the gym and as I have things on my mind, had decided that I was going to work bloody hard this morning to clear my head.  So I am sitting on one of the pieces of equipment and a gym instructor says 'Good Morning', so I obviously respond.  Then five minutes later he is back saying did I need any help adjusting the equipment to suit my height.  No get real at this point.  Trust me please when I say I do not look my best at the gym.  Andy and I went to see Jurassic World yesterday and that woman in her heels looked better after running from her life from dinosaurs than I do after an hour at the gym.  So the German sounding instructor is altering the equipment and showing me how to do it and we get into a conversation about how people don't look up any more as they are busy looking at their phones; to adjust the equipment you had to adjust the settings over your head.  So we had a chat and a smile.  Really? The Gym?  Bridget Jones aka Karen Guile wanton sex godess ...... you know the rest of that quote and if you don't at least the girls should know it - guy's Google it!

So since I arrived in town I have been spoilt for choice on the man front.  It ceases to amaze me but I think now, stuff it! Just enjoy it!  As long as they are older than Megan (which they are on average lol) and they are, I can make up for lost time.  However, in a true Karenism that alone creates a dilemma.  Remember in my last post, all the girls like a bad boy.  Well currently I could have six Daniel Cleavers on the go and one lovely Mark D'arcy.  I cannot decide if I want to be like a Samantha, I am over analysing it (typical Karen fashion grrrrrrrrrrr) like a Carrie or do I want a Steve like Miranda ....... at least I know that I am not the other prissy one whose name escapes me.  Oh for those of you who are not familiar, these are characters from Sex and the City and obviously Daniel Cleaver and Mark D'arcy are from Bridget.  See I told you my life is like a drama ......... but you know that already, that is why you read this!

This 'dating' lark (and I am using that term very loosely) has got so complicated.  Yet, in other ways, nothing has changed.  Men and women really till do not understand each other.  I guess it is that Venus and Mars thing. In the age of mass communication all relationship rules have been thrown out of the window, that is Rule One.  So therefore, by default, there are no rules. What works one day; fails to work the next.  But trust me when I say it does not matter how old you are even if you are not 29 like me or what size you are there are plenty of guys here who would be interested in you; interesting, intelligent, educated, professional gorgeous guys.   I said to Andy that I feel that I have been let loose in a sweet shop, but I am a diabetic!  You know the chocolate is there but it really is not 'right' to continually indulge in it. He just wants a second date love him and I, in a typical 'woman' fashion, don't know what I want.  Nothing new there then.  I have been saying that for the past four years.  

I remember Jenny who I worked with at Buddies telling me that I need to compromise my list of 'demands', which if I am to be truthful, were getting out of hand.  Saying that, I have met a guy in London who know what a Mangosteen was and knew what to do with a papaya ;)  Back to my list, Jenny used to tell me that I would never find someone who gets on with their life (leaving me to get on with mine) then we meet up go out, have fun then go our separate ways again.  

The way I see it there are just still two alternatives for relationships and I guess, for me, neither are what I am looking for.

Firstly - the hook up.     Yes you read that right.  No commitment, just sex.  Rules to this are you meet, you have sex, you go.  AKA Sex in the City!

Secondly - the relationship.  Which then leads on to shopping in Sainsbury's then ironing shirts before you know it and back to square one.

For a long term solution I do not want either of them and there lies the dilemma.

Then there is my demand lol.  Be in a 'relationship' meet up, have fun, go out, do things then get on with your life until next time.

See, I told you I and it was so complicated.  I do not believe in true, everlasting love any more.  Life has made me that way.  Will never trust and it doesn't matter how many times I watch Love Actually, I am still a cynical bitch ..... even though it makes me cry!



Image result for mark darcy and daniel cleaver


So, one (or more) of the Daniel Cleaver or a Mark D'arcy that is the dilemma of the week.  You decide.  Because let's face it, I can't keep taking myself of to the gym now to work it out lol.

Sunday:  Father's Day.  Oh Dad what would you make of all this I ask myself.  Well firstly, I know that you would be proud of me.  You would love the fact that I love Asia and that I enjoy travelling. I like to think you are up there chuckling away, have a gin and tonic and watching over me. 


1075890_10200886075587042_1858250898_n.jpg

I am the one on the left, not the one in the middle!  You can see it is me - the same nose and eyes ..... Just like my Dad

Gym first thing.  No more than ten feet from the flat gates I am attracting attention again........ so funny.  Gym was great but Andy and I should not go together.  The thoughts that I normally keep in my head when I go end up leaving my mouth when I am with him.

Andy had a lunch 'date' and I showered and took myself off to Guy's Hospital.  It was so lovely, on Father's Day.  I went to the chapel and placed a candle, had a cry and left.  All good.  I then took myself off to the National Portrait Gallery to see Lord Snowden's photographs ........ ha ha there is a tale there with the Armstrong-Jones I could tell you.  It is that seven degrees of separation thing again lol.  One day I may share it with you.  So I had such a lovely afternoon.  Got home and Andy made us a Cosmopolitan cocktail, like in Sex and the City, my goodness it was strong.  We were going to have a face pack, cocktail and box set evening ..................


Image result for cosmopolitan cocktail


Then I got a message ...... Cast you minds back my friends to the 'you are a dark horse' email catastrophe fuelled by Chardonnay........ then two weeks ago date that actually turned up in the park.  Well we have been mailing (he does not live in London) and we had arranged to meet up on Wednesday but moved it to Sunday night (he is the Mark D'arcy).  So to safeguard people's identity I shall call him 'Legs' lol.  That has made chuckle.  Legs is very tall (as you know that is a big tick in the list of requirements lol) but I mean very tall.  I am 5' 4" (just) and last time I wore heels it was a disaster especially when alcohol is involved.  Legs is 6' 5".  I love it, I feel so tiny lol it's great.  We met up at Victoria Station and it was OK going on the escalator because then I was the same height.  I had such a lovely, lovely evening.  I really did.  He seems a really decent guy (wont hear me say that very often) and I got a present too (behave yourselves tut tut ..... smutty minds!).  He lives and works in Switzerland so I received a Toblerone.  I told him about my Dignitas cupboard and feel that it is only fitting that is has a place there to round off the theme - so funny.  But I had a great evening and we are meeting up again Wednesday.  He has a busy few days in London but I am quite flattered that he wants to spend some time with me too.  Now, this certainly would not have happened in Wetley Rocks would it!

So, all in all, a brilliant weekend.  See, no more dull, boring Sundays on my own ever again.

Be happy my friends and survive and enjoy this week.


As always, with much love x





No comments:

Post a Comment