Thursday 11 June 2015

Sunny Days and Interviews


Well it has been another fun packed week in the South!  

I spent the first part of the week, and most of the weekend, revising and researching for my first interview.  The post is for the Services Coordinator for the Southern Directorate of Breast Cancer Care.  I know, me!  Anyway, I was delighted to get an interview but knew I needed to research, and the one thing I love (and all you OU friends of mine will already know this) is to research.  Andy works for Macmillan and he has been a little star.  Before I knew it I had emails from GPs and Consultants around the country who work with people breast cancer.  I ended up chatting to one consultant in the south of the country who was very, very informative.  I mean, when you want to speak to a consultant you haven't got a hope in hells chance have you and there is little old me chatting away to Richard lol.  You have to smile.  I have another interview next week with a woman's charity for the post of working with the exploitation of young women and gang culture ..................... both Andy and I were wondering what Richard knew about this?  We suspect, with his very public school accent, not a great deal.  But he was so helpful.

I then spent Sunday chatting to a woman GP who practices and lives in Gravesend ..... my home town!  As if!  She was lovely and we had a good old natter.  She was really interesting as she gave me a great deal of information from a completely different angle.  Every time I type the work angle I have to stop and think as when I was working at Home-Start someone once sent me a thank you card that said I was a little angle!

Needless to say, by the interview little Miss Organised was ready.  Purple is the them of my interview clothes I have decided.  I guess it compliments the purple streak I had put in my hair before I left Stoke!  I arrived ten minutes early and had a lovely chat with the guy on reception.  We were nattering away as if we knew each other for years.  After the interview he asked me how it had gone and said that he really wanted me to get the job because I was a cool person lol.  However, at the time of writing this, I am still waiting for the call.  Don't you just hate that?  Shall I have a shower?  Do I wait?  In the end I thought bugger it!  What will be will be so there is no good worrying.

I now have two more interviews lined up for next week.  The one that I mentioned and another as a Senior Coordinator for Home-Start! Basically, the same job I was doing for 12 years.  Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I am not one for going back but saw this advertised and rung them, had a chat and they asked me to apply so I did.  I have to prepare a ten minute presentation which I am not going to invest any time in until I hear about the role at Beast Cancer Care. But it will be fine.  I guess I have changed a great deal over the past four years.  Once upon a time I would worry and stress over every thing.  Now I just think well there is nothing I can do to change anything, it is what it is and what will be will be!  Why waste good energy stressing.



























No comments:

Post a Comment