Monday 3 August 2015

Hong Kong Garden (Siouxsie and the Banshees)


Saturday:  Home alone this weekend as Andy was working in Manchester Friday and then went home for the weekend.  It was OK this time I am getting used to being in the flat on my own now.  It did feel funny at first but I am good with it now.  However, I did not want to get up this morning when the alarm went off.  I was so tired after yesterday but up I got showered and ready and walked up to London Bridge to catch the train to go and see my Auntie.  I have not seen here since she come to visit me at the cottage last August.  

It was strange getting the train as I used commute on that line for nine years when I first left school.  Again, going round and round in circles.  I to the station and my phone was ringing, I could not find the Oyster Card machine to swipe out and then I heard someone calling my name.  My cousin and her son had come to meet me and my Auntie was ringing to see where I was.  They had no idea what train I was catching (nor did I until I rolled up at London Bridge).  It was very nice to have a lift but I could have walked.  You know me, little Miss Independent.  Anyway, we had a lovely time sitting in garden soaking up the sunshine.  I thought how quiet it was but I must admit it was nice to be out enjoying the sun.  We had a lovely lunch then went to sit back out it the garden. It really was a lovely day and good to see her again.  It is only a 45 minute train journey so I will go to visit again before Christmas.

Said my thanks and goodbyes and walked back to the station.  It was once again, like walking back in time.  I used to go and stay with my Auntie and Uncle a lot when I was a child growing up.  I had many a summer holiday playing around that area and it was strange to see it all again and it hadn't really changed and once again I had gone back in time.  It really has been a funny couple of weeks for looking back at my younger years.  Just makes you think but all I do know is my life has gone round and round in huge circles.  

Got to the station just as a train come in, which was not planned, and I made my way back to London.  I have to confess that I smiled when I saw the City skyline come into view.  It still fills my heart with joy to be here.  I walked home down by the Shard and through Guy's Hospital, which makes me smile, and back to the flat.  I called into the Tesco opposite our flat and the security guard strikes up a conversation with me asking me how I am and calling me Madame lol it did make me chuckle.  But you know me, I will talk to anyone.  As I am leaving the shop he smiles and puts his fist out for me to tap it with my fist, just like the lads used to do in the prison.  I mean, what is it with me, can't I go anywhere.

And here I am now, home alone watching the fifth series of Spooks on Netflix and feeling rather content.  It was a lovely day and good to see my Auntie again.

Sunday:  Why is it when you can have a sneaky lie in you are wide awake at stupid o'clock.  I tried to get back to sleep but my brain was not having any of it.  Some three cups of tea in bed later I am up, showered and out in the sunshine.  Yet another beautiful day in London.  I decided that I wanted some Japanese food for my lunch, as you do.  So I walked up to Tower Bridge which is about a ten minute walk or three and half songs from Rudimental's CD.  I walked along the road and entered Potter's Fields and did have to smile as it reminded me of the Potteries, yet completely different.




Yet more lovely wrought iron work


Boris' Home


Yet again the City is full of tourists from all around the world.  I sat by the river, in the sunshine and read my book.  At one point, I looked up and saw the City and thought to myself .... 'how lucky am I to be living here'.  Walked to Itsu and purchased my lunch.  I am so pleased we do not have an Itsu (it is a chain of food places that sell Japanese food and shakes/smoothies) near to our flat or I would be there every day.






 Walked home and tucked into the sushi and Andy returned home.  We had a quick catch up and then I was off to the Community Garden launch.  I met Helen who I had previously met at at Meet Up group and who had told me about the garden at 4.00pm.  We went in and wow, how fab is this.  The whole place had such a good vibe about it.  There was live music, a BBQ, bar and art and craft activities on the go.  Definitely, my kind of place.  Helen decided that she wanted to make a whole dinner service out of her clay and I made a mushroom.  Even if I say so myself, I was so pleased with it because people kept saying oh look a mushroom lol.  The artist asked if I had done any of this before and I explained to her that I had not; but I must admit I really did enjoy it.



I saw this woman painting and for a split second my heart skipped a beat; she looked so like my Megan in many ways.  I did not want to stare at her but even her sitting here, she does look like her - and what beautiful work.

Helen and I had a bottle of lager each and sat in the sunshine talking to other people there and listening to the music.  It was really hard to believe that I was slap bang in he middle of London.  An amazing place.  Helen and I are going back to the garden on Wednesday to get our induction and then we can start growing.  We are both very excited.  Helen comes from Hong Kong and moved to London in December.  Do you remember Hong Kong my dear friends from my travels.  The first place I fell in love with.  It's ironic really (well not really in my life but you know what I mean) that one of my first new friends in London comes from Hong Kong.  We had a lovely afternoon at the Community Garden and then I took Helen up to our local South East Asian Supermarket.  It was great going with her as she was explaining to me what all the food was!  How great is that.  







Some of the artwork being created for the Community Garden












Even living in the heart of a city there is still a garden for me.  It was hard to believe yesterday with the sunshine and the garden, music and art going on that I was actually in Central London


Helen then took me down East Street (where my little market normally is) and to a Chinese Shop and when we entered she was chatting away to the guy in there.  How great is that to have another language.  I really wish I tried.  As you remember I was trying to teach myself Italian but it is so difficult when you do not have anyone to practice on or to use it daily.  I bought some noodle soup and some tofu and we both walked home.  We are meeting again on Wednesday as I previously said so that will be great.



Helen

Got back to the flat, made my noodle soup and very, very tasty it was.  Then Andy and I just had a catch up about our weekend. I have had a lovely weekend but I have to be honest and I am dreading checking that DBS again tomorrow! Just dreading it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment