Monday 31 August 2015

So make the best of this test, and don't ask why. It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time. (Time of your Life - Green Day)


The stark reality of it being a Bank Holiday weekend has just sunk in.  Summer is drawing to an end, children will be returning back to school, my teacher friends will be turning once again to alcohol!  I have had the most amazing, if financially ruining Summer in London.  I have done some wonderful things and met some people who will remain with me, in my thoughts for probably ever. So I will enjoy the next few days and see Summer out in style, before I embark on the next chapter of my life in the real world.

Saturday:  Lazy start to the day.  Andy has a friend staying this afternoon and they are off to the theatre this evening.  I decided to take myself off to the cinema.  As I left the flat I looked up and flying over my head was an old plane, not sure what, maybe a spitfire or something.  So noisy.  I got the bus to the cinema and passed this on the way and thought, for you Northerners who read this, you would just love it.  Before you ask, no I have never eaten eels, or pie, mash and liqueur ..... nor would I!


Three people have told me to go and see the film Inside Out.  It is a children's film about a young girl and the emotions that govern her that live in her head.  It was really good and I have to admit I did cry at one point as it hit a nerve.  Popped into Tesco for the habitual two bags of groceries and back to the flat for a chilled out evening.  It is funny, all those months I spend in my room before (do you guys remember?) I still like being in my room.  I guess it is a distorted version of Stockholm Syndrome.

So the evening ended up with two men on my bed: Andy and his friend! We just sat having a chat and a laugh ..... all good!

Sunday:  Up and out early to go to Russell Brand's cafe for mediation.  The number 21 bus is becoming my favourite route of transport. Whilst the bus was at Old Street I was doing my usual people watching thing and saw a guy just patting, stroking and fussing his dog on the pavement. Both him and the dog were in a little world of their own.  I miss my dear friend ..... a dog is such a true companion.

I arrived in plenty of time this week.  But then something strange happened.  I come over quite unwell.  I felt sick (I don't do sick), I had a pain in my stomach and I was sweating like I had just come back form the gym.  I went and sat outside and did not feel any better.  Eventually, I decided that I really needed to be at home.  I was so annoyed.  I had been looking forward to this all week but there was no way I felt comfortable or well enough to stay. I just wanted to get home without being sick.  Back to the flat and straight to bed.  Where I slept for four hours, woke up with a stinking headache but no more nausea.  Crazy. I have had some toast and tea and two paracetamol but the headache is still there! 

I must tell you about Sundays in London.  On the bus coming home there were quite a few women, African women, dressed for church.  They were wearing the most amazing colourful dresses, with matching head scarves.  Many of the black women also wear wigs.  It took me some time to work this out, even though there are so many shops near to me that sell them ....... doh!  I realised this last week when a most immaculately dressed woman was on the bus and I thought, wow your hair is amazing.  At which point, she started to pull the wig down further on her head.  The men don't look under dressed either on a Sunday.  They can be seen wearing their best suit and ties, even the small boys. All dressed up and ready for church.  It truly is a magnificent sight to behold.

I did have some tentative plans for this afternoon, which in all fairness I may have had reviewed.  But, as always, they changed.  But this is London, this is what happens.  So I will give myself a lazy day and see if I can shrug off this headache.   Alas, the headache remained with me for the majority of the day.  I just chilled in my room and thank goodness for Netflix.

So all in all, a quiet weekend which is ok.  Obviously, I did not want to feel yuk but these things happen.

Bank Holiday Monday:  Well it is one minute past midnight.  I felt the need to write this whilst I feel like I do.  It is that moment when you have clarification that your gut reaction was totally right about something; but instead of feeling smug I guess I am feeling a bit sad about it. Not for me, I have done no wrong, but for others.  I have that ethical dilemma rattling around in my head now: do I just drop it and move on or do I do the 'right thing' which will be so the wrong thing?  We live in a digital age, one where we all (whether we like it or not)
leave a footprint on line of our journey.  However, it just ceases to amaze me how, when people blatantly lie about something do they think a. I am too stupid to figure it out or b. they really think they can get away with it c. why they are not as clever as me to cover their tracks.  Either way it is not good. I really should be working for MI5, MI6 or the CIA.  What I have learnt is I really must listen to my gut feeling; it rarely lets me down and secondly as much as I want to go right now and slap someone round the face for every woman who has been there, I wont (apart from the fact I do not know where they live or suppose to live) because whilst that would be the right thing to do; it would also be the wrong thing to do. 

Instead I will live with it and console myself that I did nothing wrong but others
did wrong unto me and if there is any justice they will be reading this now and know exactly who they are and what the situation is I am referring to.  There is some poetic justice in all this as ironically, I have just found out that Morrissey is a key figure in this person's life and therefore, once again I will leave it to him (Morrissey) to close this chapter:



'Beware, I bear more grudges than lonely high court judges

When you sleep, I will creep into your thoughts like a bad debt'


Well it is just a typical British Bank Holiday Monday. Rain, rain and rain.  I can hardly see the Shard from my bedroom window and I am wishing that the little Tesco across the road did home delivery as I would be sending out for chocolate!  I have decided to give myself a culture day today, so I am watching Of Mice and Men which in my opinion is a 1930's version of Forest Gump! But I still cried .......... of course I did, that's me!  

Fortunately, I have a busy week this week so whilst I might be bored absolutely stupid at the moment, the coming week will keep me on my toes.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday my friends.

As always, with my love x






No comments:

Post a Comment