Sunday 16 August 2015

Jump around, jump around, jump around, jump up, jump up and get down - well fall down in absolute agony (Jump Around - House)of Pain!






I am chuckling to myself as I have said to you that the American's have always liked my blog according to the stats.  I have three times as many hits in the States as I do in the UK.  I wish you guys would drop me a line and perhaps after this post you may.  It would be so lovely to hear from my Transatlantic cousins across the pond ............. especially if you call me Ma'am!

Personally, and no offence, I have always preferred the Australians as they say it as it is.  But I am now wondering if I should take a trip out west next time I go adventuring.  It is reminding me of the scene in Love Actually (remember one of my favourite films) when Colin Frissell (aka the actor Kris Marshall) decides that he cannot get a British girlfriend so packs a bag and heads off to Wisconsin (wherever that is but it looks too cold for me!), where both him and his accent go down a treat!  .......... I am not saying another word!  But you know me, I do like an adventure.

I have travel on my mind.  I think it was that exhibition of photographs yesterday and the continual stream of planes going over the flat every 30 seconds ..... OK they are flying into Heathrow but you get my train of thought. I have been thinking a bit about the sea lately as well.  I know where I have got that from as Bart was saying he lived by the ocean and got stung by a stingray (and numerous other goodness knows what things that were lurking in the sea)!!!!! That really does not help the cause.  I mean, let's face it only I could meet a guy who has been stung by a stingray.  That is one of the worse possible things I could have heard. 

For those of you who do not know I am absolutely terrified of stingrays.  See Australia blog for Great Barrier Reef posting and ordeal.  Which, let's face it, is normally ok. I mean they are not like our house spiders or grass snakes and one is not going to creep up on me in the middle of London.  I am not scared of snakes or spiders, but stingrays (and a couple of other things).  I have always been terrified of them since ironically my first trip to Florida (there is a theme here) and it is not normally a problem for me here in the UK until people like my friend Donna say we are going to the Sea Life Centre!  I was terrified of them before poor old Steve Urwin come up close and personal with one; and we all know how that one ended!

But it does create a problem when I go travelling as I normally go where stingrays tend to 'hang out'.   So to actually meet someone who is physically (ok a bit dramatic there but keep with me) marked for life by one has added to my anxiety.   I am thinking of going to Brighton for the day one weekend as I am desperate at the moment to see the see.  Living up 'North' has starved me from that delicacy of just listening to the sea and again, ironically, Bart has been there this weekend!  Is anything sacred. 


Saturday:  To quote my dear friend Bridget Jones: 

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces."

Today I fell spectacularly off my bed - hence the title of this weekends blog. Those with a filthy mind stop!  I was on my own.  I was in the process of putting some pictures up in my room (I shouldn't do this really but I thought what the heck considering how much rent I pay each month) as I want it to reflect me and my bits and bobs. I fell off the bed on to my ankles and heard them crack and saw them twisted (oh it makes me fill physically sick just typing this) and thought oh shit!  I shouted and shouted for Andy who come into my room, wrapped in a bath towel as he had just got out of the shower to find me on the floor, shaking and trying not to cry.  The adrenaline had kicked in and I was shaking and felt physically sick. It was a horrible feeling.

I crawled around my bed and gently lent on the chair to drag myself up.  My right ankle was the size of grapefruit and the left one was aching. I can tell you I was terrified that I had broken something.  I got on the bed and Andy went to the freezer and returned with a bag of peas and a bag of sweetcorn, still with the towel wrapped round him.  I just lay on the bed feeling sick as a dog and scared stiff to actually move my feet.  So here I am, alone (Andy has gone out and so he should even though he jokes about it, he is not my carer), lying on my bed, feet raised and just so thankful that I have not broken anything.  But I could really do with a hug right now as I feel very alone and vulnerable!

So I am totally pissed off as today I was going to a Meet Up pub crawl in Angel but I think it is best that I be sensible and rest up and also due to the fact that I cannot actually walk because of the pain.  So what an exciting prospect of just being stuck, once again, in the flat, lying on my bed ........... brilliant!  And to top it off, the sun is back.  But I will look at the positive and remind myself I have been very, very lucky, and I guess it is Karma for putting pictures up in my room when I shouldn't really do it!



The ironic thing, and I guess you have to laugh, is that Bart is called Bart thanks to Andy.  As Bart (not Andy) skateboards!  And Andy said who does he think he is bloody Bart Simpson .......... which was so funny at the time that both me and Andy were giggling like school children.  So the joke has been amongst some of my friends in the know of the thought of me on a bloody skateboard.  You get the picture and no, I can assure you that will not be happening.  But I can't even stand on the bed let alone a skateboard! Karma my friends, Karma!  So much for travelling.  It is more than I can do to walk the few steps to the kitchen.  I am so angry with myself.  BUT, it could have been a great deal worse and my room is looking rather lovely with my prints and photos on the wall.  

So all I have done all day is lay on my bed, feet wrapped in various bags of frozen vegetables and towels, watching some drama called The Returned.  I am finding it difficult to walk and I think it is more bruising all around and under my feet rather than a sprain.  Either way, getting down 48 steps is going to be a bloody nightmare.  So I have sent Andy to the Dignitas cabinet and have a strip of very strong painkillers for me to take in the morning before I rock out of bed! I am still angry with myself, but this time will pass.  So no gym tomorrow and no out in the sunshine and that makes me unhappy!




Sunday:  Well I actually slept surprisingly well considering I was in pain.  But I think the handful of pain killers I took may have had something to do with that.  Woke up and thought stuff it and took some really strong pain killers (from Dignitas cabinet) this morning and felt a bit spaced out ...... it was rather nice.  I have had a quiet day, again today, well I had no bloody choice I can't go anywhere.  My feet are much better than yesterday and that is a blessing.  I am so pleased that nothing is broken. But that are far from right.  I can only describe the pain in my left foot as it is like you have stood on four or five Lego bricks.  The swelling on my right ankle has gone down slightly but I am still hobbling around the flat like a 110 year old.

So not a brilliant day to say the least.  No visit to the gym.  No visit to my little garden.  No visit to actually go out and buy some food.  I have spent the day downloading Windows 10 which let's face it has to be an improvement on Windows 8 .... I wonder what happened to Windows 9?

As promised, here are some more photos from the wonderful Photographic Exhibition I attended on Friday.



I loved this photo.  This woman wears far more bangles than me but because of that I was drawn to it.  Also, if you look carefully, on relates to World AIDS Day


As you know, I do not do cold, but was strangely drawn to this one, I think it was because of the red umbrella



This was, I think, my favourite.  This woman's face is amazing.  Look at her eyes.  What picture does it paint for you.  For me, she wears each wrinkle, each scar as a portrait of her life.  I just love this photo.


How cool is this one.  Thank goodness I am a vegetarian!



Oh bags packed .......... I wish!



This photo just reminded me of my love for South East Asia.



Candid photos, especially if they are in black and white, for me can say so much.


And finally, this one just made me giggle for personal reasons. 
      
Due to the fact that I am currently a cross between Hop Along Cassidy (because of my bruises) and Old Mother Hubbard (as I hardly have any food in) I ordered a takeaway for Sunday Lunch .................. and spent the evening feeling sorry for myself playing on the Xbox.  Oh how my life has changed.

I hope my 'injuries' continue to improve as quickly as they have as I have a busy week this week and the thought of being stuck in this flat as I can't get up or down 48 steps will be, I think, the tipping point.  All hugs welcome!


As always, with my love x.  

































No comments:

Post a Comment