Friday 23 October 2015

For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see. There will be an answer, let it be (Let it Be - The Beatles)

The weekend flew by and here we are again, Monday morning. A new week, with new opportunities and all the excitement that can bring.

Monday:  When life throws you lemons, and let's face it, I have had more than my fair share of a fruit cocktail the past four years, you do one of a couple of things with said lemon.  Either throw it back and make sure you hit the person who threw it at you, or slice it up and add it to gin and have a jolly good time.  I have chosen to do the later.  I have checked out!  You can fill in the gaps.

Busy night tonight. So much paperwork to do but I have got it into some sort of order now so that is a positive thing.  Andy is working in Birmingham tomorrow so I am home alone.  This is not good.  I cannot be trusted to be left on my own, I get into all types of mischief!  I did not have my evening meal until 8.30 which is 6.00pm Stoke on Trent time. So here I am at 10.00pm and the night is young - and so am I.  It took my a while to adjust to a few things moving back down south.  Firstly, the time difference.  Whilst we are on the same time, time is different here.  5.00pm is like 3.00pm and 10.00pm is like 8.00pm, even on a school night.  That is another thing.  There are no school nights.  Every night is an opportunity to get out and do something.  Also, I remember and are enjoying how warm it is here.  No heating yet.  By now, in my cottage, the heating would
My little cottage and my darling Hetty
have been on for weeks.  I am so warm.  I remember when I moved to Stoke it took me ages, around 18 months, to adjust to the cold. I never liked it. I love the warmth of the City.  So I will have to have a think about what I can do for a couple of hours!


Tuesday:  Well the boys are really growing their hair. I do like the Genghis Khan look and their little bobbles in their hair are so cute, along with their rolled up trousers.  It brightened up my commute this morning.  Where I work is on
the direct flight path into Heathrow and today the planes were arriving thick and fast.  I do look in total wonderment at them. Wondering who is on them and where they are coming from.  As I got off the bus I was greeted by the message shown in this picture. It did make me smile.  

The day passed quickly and back at the flat I really could not be bothered to cook myself anything for my dinner; so I didn't.  Again, paperwork to complete but it did go really well and I am beginning to feel back in control again. All is good.




Wednesday:  Well the day got off to a great start.  I was working very local first thing today so decided to do myself some toast and Marmite! I love Marmite. Any way, smoke alarm decided to do it's thing and got off and off and off.  Andy was still in bed.  OK he was awake but what a wake up call.  The toast had not even burnt!  Left the flat and was greeted by wet stuff dropping from the sky ................... the rain!  Grey skies, wet soggy leaves and I could just see the top of The Shard.  Meh.  

Day over and the bus journey went really quick.  I really do not know what they
What the new US embassy will look like
are building the new US Embassy out of but that along with the MI6 building take out the signal on my phone every night, which is annoying as it always half way through the Confessions on the Simon Mayo show! I really do not know where the Americans are going to put that great big eagle of theirs they have currently at Grosvenor Square (their Embassy at the moment).  I know where I would like to shove it and it would still be on American territory ......... :)   More paperwork tonight, sigh.  But it HAS to be done and I actually completed a great deal.  It is official, I am a Londoner.  Well let's face it, I have always been Southern, even when I was in exile in the frozen North (well Midlands but you get the idea).  In fact one of the
MI6 Building
strangest things was when I heard Meg talk and she sounded so Northern.  I used to think, how can I have given birth to someone who does not sound anything like me!! Strange.  Anyway, back to being a Londoner.  I am an official Londoner now as I zone out on the bus every day.  I meditate for 15 minutes in the morning, headphones in zoned totally out.  No one cares. No one notices. But tonight it was like the zombie apocalypse, people looking down, scrolling away, in their own little world.  I now have headphones with a speaker on the wire so I too can also talk to myself out loud whilst walking down the street.  It is strange when you see people do it.  I used to think, who are they speaking with but now realise they are on their phone.  Crazy, mixed up world. So it is a mug of hot chocolate tonight for Andy and me and we will watch the Apprentice.  Now we should really be on Gogglebox with this one!


Thursday:   Thursday already, where has this week gone?  Strange day really but he 5.00pm arrived and I was on the bus on the way to the tube station.  Tonight I went to Highbury Islington to meet my little group for a drink.  Most of the people in this group drink ale, I do not. I drink gin. Tonight I had a lovely
gin called Barthtub Gin. My it was lovely but so strong. I only had a couple as it is a school night.  I walked to Angel.  I have not been up that end of town and I really did like it.  My kind of place. On the way to the tube I saw this poster.  It did make me giggle, especially the  note that some one had added on the bottom. Londoners really do have a great sense of humour.  

I have to admit I felt a bit 'tipsy' I mean really, after two gins. But that Bathtub gin was rather strong.  I glided around Sainsbury's at Angel grabbing carbs for something to eat when I get in and then back to the flat.

Had an hour in the lounge catching up with Andy and all his news.  He did tell me such a funny story which, as much as  would like to share it with you, I cannot.  But I will never look at credit card fraud again without having flashbacks to this story.  Trust me when I say that nothing in this world is sacred.  Nothing.

Friday:  Well it is Friday ..... Yay!  I woke up to a rather nice surprise via a text message, but hopefully, and I say that with caution, hopefully more about that the weekend.  I got paid today.  I was amazed they got it right to be honest. Also, I did not pay ANY tax as let's face it, I have not earned a penny since March!  So it was a rather healthy looking wage slip.  Which means I can actually save a great deal this month.  OK it will no repay all the savings I had to spend over the summer, but at least for the next three months I will be able to put some back.  

Just when you think all is well, along comes something to knock you off your feet ....... AGAIN!  Today, ironically, just as I got to the new American Embassy I get a text message. When any other time my phone dies! I mean can you actually believe that.  I am not going to say any more, nor will I waste any further emotional energy on the subject.  People do not go away.  Interesting day at work then we went to pub after work which was OK. Bus home and the Houses of Parliament looked lovely light up.  I do so much love seeing the river. Treated myself to fish and chips for dinner, pay day special and then sorted out all my finances.  Which, after all this time, was a good feeling.  

Chores tonight as I may, and I say it cautiously, may be having a busy weekend.  I say chores they are far and few between these days.  Single life means you hardly have any ironing and do not have to decide what there is for tea every night.  I have kind of got my head around it now and it is rather liberating not having to be answerable to anyone.  Yep, I quite like being a single girl!

As always, with my love x







No comments:

Post a Comment