Monday 26 October 2015

I'm a different person, turn my world around (Lola's Theme - The Shapeshifters)


Saturday: Andy has a cold!  Moving on. Today I have had my busy, busy head on.  Stripped the bed and then went out. I got a few hundred metres down the road and past a guy who had probably, just the one good tooth.  He smiled at me and said 'Have a great day darling!' it did make me smile.  I replied 'You too sweetheart'.  A few hundred metres later and I swore the woman walking towards me was my Auntie Pat. The nearer I got, the more she looked like her. It was not her.  But I did have to stop and tell her that she had a double.  She was a lovely woman, who did not openly look as if she had come across a mad woman.  Off I went, through little Colombia to the library.  Our library has been moved recently into, well I guess, a collection of containers. But it is cool.  It is in a little area of other containers than hold little businesses and I noticed some new enterprises there today.  We now have a couple of cute little bars, a vegan/raw food cafe (very interesting) a latex clothes shop (yes you did read that right).  In their window they had a baby pink latex dress. I did have to giggle to myself at the thought of a. me getting into that and b. what the hell I would look like if or once I had, and a tattooist.  I guess it is my own mini version of Shoreditch.


Also, not far from me is the most wonderful health food shop and herbalist. I am so lucky to have this on my door step. I went there to day to get Sicknote aka Andy some echinacea.  This is so funny.  Last night I was trying to explain to Andy about echinacea but all I kept calling it was alopecia! I was convinced I was going to walk into that shop and ask for alopecia.  Andy thinks echinacea sounds like a name for a black woman lol. We can't say the word now without giggling. 

Anyway, back at the shop.  They were so helpful to me in there.  I needed immune treatment for a vegan (long story but you may be able to figure it out). They certainly knew what you could and could not have.  Amazing shop and great staff.  Back to the dry cleaners to collect my lovely winter quilt.  I was very impressed how they gave it back to me.  It was rolled into a cloth bag with a handle which was so easy to carry. When I got back to the flat I gave sicknote his new box of tissues, orange juice, Lemsip and the said echinacea tablets then started to clean the flat. Did my ironing, made up my bed and completed another piece of paperwork ..... sigh! Now I am sitting her writing this.

Andy is out to the theatre tonight and I am home alone.  But tomorrow, fingers crossed, I think I am having an interesting day. Treated myself to a bath tonight; the first one in the flat. Obviously, I do shower lol but not tonight. I have a funny phobia about baths (amongst all the other funny phobias I have). In all thrillers, horror films ........  people get murdered in the bath.  It was OK tonight as I could leave the door open to the bathroom, which in theory means it made it easy for the mad axe murderer to get in.  We have a lovely bath, it is really deep and I was in there ages, which meant I come out looking like a prune.

Andy come home from the theatre buzzing about what he has seen but I cannot tell you as he had to sign a confidentiality agreement about it.  But it sounded totally amazing and he did something last night there that he has never done in his life before ................... with a woman! Hysterical.

Sunday: Well I don't know if it was listening to Andy's adventures last night, or the bath or what, but I had a restless nights sleep.  All kinds of things rushing in and out of my mind.  I woke, again at 3.33.  This has been going on for four years now. I kept putting the TV on low on timer, then drifting off again.  I think I know why this is.  If all goes to plan today, I have an interesting day and I think it is playing on my mind a bit.  All to be revealed (hopefully) later.

So off to the Trew Era cafe again for my Sunday mediation.  Oh how I like that group.  Sad news at the cafe, they had been broken into a few days ago and the till taken. Such a shame. I just hope the people who took the money really needed it.  I just so love this group and really wish you could all come along and share it with me.  There is such a peaceful energy there, it is hard to describe. The whole place just has an amazing feel about it.  We meditate for 30 minutes and the time flies by.  It was such a beautiful day today and after the meditation some of the group went and sat outside in the garden.  I remained inside an had another pot of mint tea, whilst chatting away.

I left the cafe, back on the bus then changed at Bank on to the DLR (Docklands Light Railway).  This is the first time I have been on the DLR and loved it.  It is like the skytrain in Bangkok.  It went through Canary Wharf to Greenwich where I got off.  Today I was meeting Mr South Africa ...... the guy I met a few weeks ago.  This was our second date. He has been busy as he has gone back to University to study Fine Art but texted me this week to see if we wanted to 'hang out'. 

I had such a lovely, lovely day.  We went for coffee and then walked around Greenwich Market where I treated myself to a new purple hat.  You know me
and hats. Then we got a cup of mulled wine,which was absolutely delicious and went and sat in Greenwich Park for a couple of hours, just chatting and laughing and having a great time.  But it got cold and dark all so quick.  So we scuttled of off to a really cool pub and just sat there drinking and talking and laughing.  It was so good.  He is a really sweet guy.  I do have to smile though as he is a vegan and God only knows how Andy is going to cope with that. He thinks I am odd being a vegetarian lol.  The toilets in this pub were amazing.  Mr SA took a picture of the blokes loo, I did tell him I could go in myself and take the photo but he insisted.  I took some of the women's loo.  So
much to see why you were having a wee.  We had a great chat about growing up in SA under apartheid, which many of you may know would have interested me immensely.  I did tell him that I never bought Cape fruit for years and would often, on my way to work, go across to the SA Embassy and talk to the protesters and sign their petition.  He was pleased and impressed that I knew all about Barclay's bank and even more impressed when I said I closed my
Woolwich account when Barclay's took them over.  When the woman in Hanley Woolwich asked why I was closing my account after so many years, I explained to her about the history of Barclay's; she did not have a clue.  Barclay's made their money on the back of the slave trade and were, at the time, the main financial institution in an apartheid South Africa (bit of a history lesson for you their guys).


I got the bus home and Mr SA waited at the bus stop with me. It has been a long, long time since I had a snog at a bus stop and last time I had acne,  but it was all good.  I get on the bus and then receive a phone call from Mr SA to say the DLR was closed and he was on the next bus.  So I got off my bus and joined him on his bus lol. Well we got on so, so well.  The conversation just flew and the time passed so quickly. He is at college all week and works at weekends but we said that we will figure something out and hang out again as we both really liked each other and got on well.  I guess it has kind of restored my faith in men, well slightly at least and let's face it, with recent events I need some faith restored.  It was a really good day, really good.

Back to the flat and broke the news to Andy who was hysterically funny.  He said he would go to the pet shop and by some Trill lol.  Andy eats a lot of meat. We tried to think if or how we could order a takeaway but it is very difficult.  Andy will be milking this for what it is worth. Still I am please that i entertain him lol.  I have visions of him wafting bacon under my room door in a plot to torture him (FYI bacon doesn't bother me).  

Well what a weekend.  It has flown by, in the blink of an eye.  But all good.  So already to embrace another working week.


As always, with my love x

No comments:

Post a Comment