Monday 5 October 2015

This whole damn world, could fall apart, you'll be OK, follow your heart - (You Get What You Give - The New Radicals)

So here it is the weekend ........... Yay!  Once again it is going to be a busy one.

Saturday  The plan, well in my head at least, for today was get up go to the gym, go and check my friends flat, do my laundry and go out.  The reality was I woke up late, went back to bed and typed my blog whilst watching the last two episodes of Wentworth.  Really, that prison! It is great that I can treat myself to a lazy morning.  

Went to check my friends flat and collect the post then off to the supermarket.
Andy and I have some new additions to our flat. I need to name them so any
ideas would be welcome. I also treated myself to some new clothes and Rudimental's new CD.  I smiled when I typed that.  I have drum and bass guy to thank me for that.  See, no matter who you meet and no matter for how long they are in your life, you learn something from them.  There is still something magical about buying music as oppose to downloading it.  I remember the first single I bought.  I was on the 415 bus in my home town and got off at the bottom of the High Street, went to the record shop (remember those folks) and bought Radar Love by Golden Earring.  Then got back on the bus at the top of the High Street.  I still smile on the rare occasions I hear that song on the radio. Psychic radio has been teasing today, I swear if I hear Living in America one more time I will unleash the flying
monkeys.  Well you are not Living in America you knob, you are very much living in Bow and with your wife the one you failed to mention.  So don't email me saying you are rocking off to Florida! I have more chance of being in Florida than you! Listen up my friends, never, ever try to pull the wool over my eyes. I have a long memory.

Oh my life is so different now. I had my I love London smile on today when I left the flat.  It is six months to the date that I left to come and live here and what a six months it has been.  I still find it hard to believe that I am here.  I have had the best summer ever. Met some wonderful (and not so wonderful) people, done some crazy and brilliant things and above all else made new, happy memories. I now have new memories to look back on.  Apart from the one thing that, let's face it folks, is never going to go away, my life is about 85% brilliant.  And do you know what, I can kinda live with that.

Saturday night and I am off to the pub with a Meet Up group, well me and Pepe Pepe.  We are going to Shepherd's Bush which is west.  He called at my flat and we got the tube and found the pub via my Google Maps App which I have no idea to use as I have to put glasses on to read it and glasses off to walk.  We
get to the pub and needless to say it was heaving. I was explaining to him on the tube, that there is the Queen's English which only posh people and royalty use.  That was it. He was really interested. So I taught him a phase to use. So when we met up with the host PP says:  'Good Evening Jamie one is delighted to be in Shepherd's Bush this evening'. I told him that Jamie would look at him and smile and think knob, and that is pretty much what happened.  We all were laughing, it was funny.  On the tube PP was saying what is this Shepherd's Bush ....... I know. Then he said, which I thought was hilarious, is it the bush of the Shepherd.  I laughed and then had to try to explain to him why he really should not be saying that.  So funny.

We watched the rugby and met up with others in the group and had a fantastic evening. The pubs in London are great.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, goes to the pub.  The majority of people do not pay with cash but use their
debit/credit card.  In fact, I normally pay by cash and I am really in the minority.  I cannot imagine anyone in Stoke going into a pub and getting a
round in and handing over a card.  But here, this is what they do.
 We all went to another pub and once again me and PP were on our own, laughing.  His English is really good but it is the whole culture thing that is different.  He said that he did not know what LGBT meant and was going to go on a Meet Up! Bless.  We then realised that Tom was there from the other evening so we went to chat to him. So all three of us are loveless as in been dumped or have dumped so we are all going to the pub Friday night after work. It is like Karen's breakaway Meet Up group for the unloved lol. I am doing my own version of dry October by doing it in reverse and having a drink every day!  Well it feels like it at the moment.  All three of us stood chatting and it really was a good night and I did not get back to the flat until 1.00am!

Sunday:  I did not want to get up this morning when my alarm went off! 
But I did and made my way up to the Trews Era Cafe at Hoxton.  My usual Sunday delight. I really like that group.  There are so many interesting, like
minded people there and I am ashamed to say that most people remember my name (like Tom last night) but I am terrible at names.  The meditation is so peaceful and sets me up for the week.  All the staff know me now (I really do not know why, I guess it is because I sprinkle my sparkle). I have a busy day today so only stayed for the meditation and a drink then made my way back to the flat.


Met Andy and his friend at the pub but did not have any alcohol.  It would have been cheaper as it was £3.20 for a large diet
coke!! Back to the flat and this afternoon I have been a Domestic Goddess.  I have ironed.  This is the woman who used to iron twice a week if not more. I have not ironed for two weeks! Tidied up my room and just relaxing before I am off out again.

So tonight I made my way, on the bus, to where I work to met Ian from the Meet Up group in Stoke as he is passing through.  Things you never think you are going to say again, I had a lovely evening with Ian.  We had a few drinks (well not me I was on the diet coke) and then found a lovely Indian restaurant and had some good food.  We sat and put the world to rights.  And Ian, I know you will be reading this, I took your advice and started to get back out there as I had a very interesting phone call on the way home from leaving you ........ watch this space.  I feel very blessed that people want to meet up with me when they are in town.  I do not expect them to do so; this is their time.  But it is lovely that want to meet me.

So a very busy, full on weekend.  However, I have a very, very busy week.  

As always, with my love x



No comments:

Post a Comment