Sunday 18 October 2015

You have now found yourself trapped in the incomprehensible maze... Where's your head at? (Where's Your Head At? - Basement Jaxx)


Thank goodness it is the weekend (again). Nothing amazing planned but hey, I am in London and it is the weekend, what more do I need.

Saturday:  I never woke up until 9.00am this morning.  This never happens. I thought it was around 7.30am.  It was one of those morning, and I guess we all have them, when we wake up and feel ....... meh!  I dug out my winter quilt and took it to the dry cleaners.  I love that quilt.  There are not many good things about winter, but that is one.  The woman in the shop was lovely. So much for Londoners not speaking to each other.

Got the bus and went over to Surrey Quays.  Here there is a small shopping centre and there were some women fundraising for Cancer Research UK.  I always try to donate and it seemed even more right to do so this week. I bought ten raffle tickets for £2 and you had to match a number ending in a 5 or 0.  I won two prices; a child's ball with Frozen characters on it and a mug and coaster.  One of the fundraisers come to see what I had won and I said to her please give the ball to a child and pass on the mug to someone who looks as if they are having a bad day.  She was so touched by this, asking me if I were sure and then gave me huge hug and thanked me for my kindness.  Later as I walked past I saw a little girl playing with the ball.  It was all good.

The reason why I was over there was to go to the cinema to see Suffragette.  I hope my Megan has gone to see this.  I have always been and will continue to be, so thankful to those woman who strived for so long to give me the freedoms I enjoy now.  Even thought I still think there is so much to do.  I have mentioned it before, but when I graduated I wore the colours of the WSUP - purple, green and white at my graduation ceremony in memory of those who gave so much for me to achieve my degree. During the film Mrs Pankhurst says: Never underestimate the power we women have to define our own destiny.  It sort of hit a chord with me.  At the end of the film they give the dates other
countries gave the vote to women and I was absolutely amazed to see that women in Switzerland (why am I not surprised it was Switzerland) were not given the vote until 1971. Obviously, the women in Saudi Arabia are still waiting.  

I then went to do some shopping for the flat and me and treated myself to a jumper to wear with my boots and leggings.  Waited for the bus and helped a woman on with her shopping trolley.  I did have to inwardly chuckle to myself as she was reluctant to let me help and when I lifted the damn thing it weighed a ton.  It reminded me of the time that Bart helped our neighbour with her 'grocery cart' up the stairs.  I help someone with their shopping trolley on the bus and nearly put my back out!  You have to laugh.

Back home and had quite a bit of paperwork to sort out (will explain that one later) then phoned my Aunt, made my dinner and sitting back relaxing.  I love our little flat.  Well I say little, it is quite big for Central London.  I bought the Glade winter plug-ins today and the flat smells lovely.  I am so looking forward to Christmas this year; I get so excited about just thinking of it.  I can't wait to decorate the flat and Andy is more than happy to let me get along with it.  This is the first time in five years I can even think about Christmas and the thought of me being in London at Christmas just makes me smile and smile.  The Oxford Street and Regent Street lights are switched on 1 November ...... not that I am counting!


Sunday:  Awoke to a beautiful, blue skied Sunday morning as I caught my usual bus up to Hoxton.  Saw some squirrels on the way. It amazes me how many I see.  I now carry some peanuts in my bag on a Sunday to feed them. The Cafe was quiet today but was as lovely as usual.  Such positive energy in this group, I just love it.  Sophie, one of the women who work there was leaving today.  I did not know until I got there.  She is so lovely and has found a job nearer to home.  I will be sad to see her go but good for her.  We all sat and had a chat after the meditation and and I decided, after speaking to some of the group that I need something to keep me grounded between 9.00am - 5.00pm. They really are such a sweet and supportive group. I got the bus and jumped off at St Paul's and went into Maplin as I needed some new headphones. It was so funny.  I plugged them in and switched my iPod on and was listening to AC/DC but with my new headphones it was so loud! It almost deafened me! Back on a bus up and up to Covent Garden to the Astrology Shop.  On the way there a guy from a shop called me over to give me a free sample of some soap and to obviously try to sell me some other stuff.  He assured me that if I were to go home and wash with this my husband would not be able to keep his hands off me.  I explained to him that I did not have a husband.  He then said well your boyfriend will.  I explained to him I did not have a boyfriend.  Then he whispered, did I have a girlfriend.  I explained to him that I did not.  He said, why is this, why is this so?  I laughed and said I don't know, I haven't a clue. We both laughed and I promised him that if the soap worked I would be back to buy up the shop.  I think his stock is quite safe.

The Astrology Shop is such a great shop, they sell everything there. When I was in Thailand last year, Daniel gave me a chakra bracelet, which unfortunately I broke.  Today replaced that and I also bought a couple of crystals to put on my desk.  I can but try.  Covent Garden was so busy, full of tourists.  I walked over Waterloo Bridge, which is my favourite bridge as you can see most of the major buildings in London. I stood there, just watching the world go by thinking to
myself how lucky I am to be living in London.  The stupid smile returned.  The Southbank was really, really quiet. No skateboarders, just some small children playing around.  Leak Tunnel where the art normally is was so very quiet and nothing really happening.  London is in a transition period at the moment; between the end of summer but not yet Christmas.  It feels completely different.

Got myself some Japanese food for my dinner and off back to the flat. I could live on Japanese food, it is so fresh and healthy. However, followed it off with a slice of Granola flapjack thing.  Green and Red (yes I am still on that) made for the morning and here I am writing this. Another weekend come and gone!  The weeks are flying by.

So tonight it was Cosmopolitans and Sex and the City box set - just me and Andy.  I am so tired this weekend, I really do not know what is the matter with me, so I will close this now and prepare myself for the week ahead.

As always, with my love x







No comments:

Post a Comment